Qualifications and experience: fluent in speaking, reading, and writing in English and Greek.
Study/work abroad: raised in the United States. Middle and High School done in Michigan, USA. Bachelor's Degree in Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences from Oakland University, MI, USA.
With EUFRAT since: 2022
Language(s) taught at ErUFRAT: English
I teach: adults
What brought you to the Czech Republic, and what made you join the EUFRAT team? I study medicine at Charles University in Pilsen, and I thought it would be amazing to teach my native tongue to students eager to learn and perfect their English
In my lessons, what do I usually use? My lessons focus on conversation, so I provide the students with a list of discussion topics, from which I have prepared follow-up questions for open discussion.
What can the students look forward to? My students look forward to improving th e ir vocabulary by exercising th e ir speaking abilities.
What is, in your opinion, the mission of a language tutor? A language tutor should provide the students with life,long communication skills that will allow them to feel at ease when communicating in a different. They can use different resources to avoid anxiety in a difficult situation.
What is, according to you, the best thing about EUFRAT? I like how close the staff is w ith each other - I felt very welcome when I first started.
Is there a message you would like to send to your future students? As a foreigner here in the Czech Republic ,I would like to tell my future students who may travel abroad to not get discouraged by unkind people, and keep trying their language skills!
- Book: And then there were none-Agatha Christie
- Movie: Harry Potter series
- Band/Record: NSYNC
- Sea or mountains: sea
- Summer or winter: summer
- Favourite destination: grandma's house - Greece
- The most exotic destination I have visited: Puerto Rico
- I‘d like to go to the following destination: Tanzania (a non-profit performs free medical examinations on the locals and I would like to be a part of that)
- How I spend my free time: Netflix
- Funniest story I‘ve experienced in my career: I was in a car accident and when I woke up in the turns out it was 5 AM, and I panicked for no reason.