Qualifications and experience: BA and MA in English; TEFL Certification; University Instructor (9 years full time); ESL/EFL; Instruction (5 years total); English Language Fellow (U.S. Government Program)
Study/work abroad: Cluster Teacher in Dubai (1.5 years); Virtual English Language Fellow in Morocco (2 semesters); English Language Fellow in Oujda, Morocco (1 year)
With EUFRAT since: 2023
Language(s) taught at EUFRAT: English
I teach: adults
What brought you to the Czech Republic, and what made you join the EUFRAT team? I love the country, people, and country! After I finished my fellowship in Morocco, my friends the Burgesses suggested that I move here to teach.
In my lessons, what do I usually use? I try to use a text-based approach when I have plenty of preparation time, and I always use a communicative language approach. And of course, we incorporate lots of “realia” and games.
What can the students look forward to? Learning with a calm and assuring teacher. We’ll play games and create a comfortable place for you to test and use your newfound skills.
What is, in your opinion, the mission of a language tutor? To give the students the basic skills and structures to keep growing as English learners. To give the students the confidence to use English in the real world.
And how would you describe your students? Eager to learn, forgiving of their own and others’ mistakes, goal-oriented. (Hopefully!)
Is there a lasting lesson you hope students take from your classes? That progress is real and possible. That when you are dedicated to learning a non-native language, the results will speak for themselves.
What is, according to you, the best thing about EUFRAT? I have not taught there yet. :)
Is there a message you would like to send to your future students? I look forward to meeting you and learning all about you! I hope that I can give you some basic skills, formulas, and tips that can help you in your English use for the rest of your lives. :)
- Book: Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
- Movie: Joe Versus the Volcano
- Band/Record: Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Browne, The War on Drugs
- Sea or mountains: mountains
- Summer or winter: winter
- Favourite destination: Rocky Mountain National Park; Colorado
- The most exotic destination I have visited: Essaouira and Marrakesh, Morocco
- I‘d like to go to the following destination: Scotland
- How I spend my free time: Reading, writing, recording and listening to music, playing drums
- Funniest story I‘ve experienced in my career: When I was teaching at Dubai Secondary School, the principal took some trophies we were going to present from the gymnasium. Asking for him to give them back was quite a funny/awkward experience.
Informace o způsobu získávání a výběru referencí najdete na stránce Dokumenty.