- Qualifications and experience: BA in English, TEFL Certificate, MLIS in Library and Information Science (in progress)
- With EUFRAT since: Fall 2022
- Language taught at EUFRAT: English
- What brought you to the Czech Republic, and what made you join the EUFRAT team? I first visited the Czech Republic with my husband while he was teaching English at a summer school in Pilsen. I truly enjoyed the people, atmosphere, and beauty of the country. We decided to move here because of the wonderful friendships we made. EUFRAT seems to be a good place to continue to make friends while helping people with their language skills.
- What is, in your opinion, the mission of a language tutor? I want my students to feel confident and comfortable when using English.
- What would your students say about you? My students would say that I am a patient person that provides a comfortable environment to learn.
- And how would you describe your students? I would say my students are eager to learn and can enjoy the occasional laugh.
- Is there a lasting lesson you hope students take from your classes? I want them to know they are valued as human beings and to say open to learning about new places, cultures, and languages.
- What is, according to you, the best thing about EUFRAT? It is a place that takes learning seriously but is still relaxed.
- Is there a message you would like to send to your future students? I want them to enjoy the process and that we will try to get 1% better each class!
- Favourite book: Dispatches from Pluto by Richard Grant
- Movie: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
- Band / Record: Real Estate
- Sea or mountains: Sea
- Summer or winter: summer
- Dog or cat: cat