Velice oblíbená rodilá mluvčí z Kanady, která má bohaté zkušenosti s výukou dětí i dospělých.
- Name: Julia R.
- Qualifications and experience: TESOL certificate obtained in Canada in 2001, Conestoga College
- With EUFRAT since: July 2019
- Language taught at EUFRAT: English
Interview with the Tutor:
- What brought you to the Czech Republic and what made you to join EUFRAT team? I liked the energy of the interviewer, to be honest. She´s really positive and optimistic. I have had a long history with the Czech Republic. I came here for the first time in 1995. I was curious and wanted to see more of the world and somehow this country has become my second home.
- What is, in your opinion, the mission of a language tutor? The mission of a language tutor is to isnpire the language learner to try just a little harder, to provide positive reinforcement and to focus on the individual needs of the student.
- What would your students say about you? I think that they would say that I torture them with grammar when they don’t want it!:) But they know it’s good for them. I think they would also say that lessons go quickly because we are either immersed in conversation or some kind of reading and comprehension. I also think they would say that we laugh a lot and that over time we have a great rapport.
- And how would you descrbie your students? My students are all ages from 1 year to 65 years old. They have all provided a unique experience with their various personalities, drives and interests.
- Is there a lasting lesson you hope students take from your classes? Just to keep on communicating no matter what. It doesn’t matter if you make mistakes, that’s all part of the learning process.
- What is, according to you, the best thing about EUFRAT? Eufrat has a positve atmosphere and really works to provide the right fit for students and teachers. I feel comfortable here.
- · Favourite book: The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio
- · Movie: Sci-fi and fantasy films
- · Band / Record: Brian Eno and Laurie Anderson
- · Sea or mountains: both. They both have something very different to provide in ways of experience.
- · Summer or winter: Winter in Canada. I like sunshine and snow. It’s invigorating and it’s when I’m the happiest.
- · Dog or cat: Cat. Although, I love both, cats are easier to care for.