Name : Oleg D.
• Qualifications and experience: Fergana State University 1994-1999. Certified teacher. 20 years teaching experience in Uzbekistan, China and Russia. • With EUFRAT since: 2019
• Language taught at EUFRAT: English
• Interview with the Tutor:
• What brought you to the Czech Republic, and what made you join EUFRAT team? I and my wife decided to move to the Czech Republic because we don’t like current political situation in Russia and we’re also people of European values.
• EUFRAT were the first who replied my application. I liked the atmosphere of the school and the people.
• What is, in your opinion, the mission of a language tutor? A good tutor can make learning languages interesting and fun. Also it’s important to respond to student’s needs, encourage them and find a personal approach to each one.
• What would your students say about you? Usually my students are satisfied with my lessons, they say that I’m t 2 teacher who can really make them speak English and remember Grammar.
• And how would you describe your students? I have worked with many different students over the years and I can say that most language learners are intelligent and open-minded people.
• Is there a lasting lesson you hope students take from your classes? If you want to learn something, you have to let it into your life
• What is, according to you, the best thing about EUFRAT? Comfortable classrooms, nice people and support from the school’s administration.
• Is there a message you would like to send to your future students? Do not be afraid to make mistakes.
• Favourite book: It’s hard to choose, but the last one I really liked was “Blindsight” by Peter Watts
• Movie: I’m more into TV series these days. A couple of my favourites “Six Feet Under”, “True detective” (season 1).
• Band / Record: David Bowie, Nick Cave, Tiamat, The Cure 3
• Sea or mountains: Sea
• Summer or winter: Summer
• Dog or cat: Can’t choose, I love all animals.