Dr. David P.
Qualifications and experience:
- PhD (Philosophy)
- Diploma of Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, DTLLS (City and Guilds, UK)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS, UK)
- MA (English and Philosophy)
- BA Honours (English and Philosophy)
- 17 years lecturing and teaching
- 2 Post-doctoral fellowships
- TEFL 120
- Permaculture Design Certificate
- Philosophical Counselling Diploma
With EUFRAT since: 2022
Language taught at EUFRAT: English
- Pavlína D.: Jedním slovem perfektní. Není co dodat.
- Božena L.: Velmi spokojena
- Markéta Ch.: I had only one lesson with David so far. And he was really nice, he gave me already some feedback on my current "status" in English, which I liked. I believe we will go along well. I felt comfortable during the session.
- Emma S.: David je úžasnýlektor, líbíse mi jeho profesionálnípřístup k výuce. Hodinu mávždy proplánovanou, ale bere i ohledy na moje preference a potřeby. Kurz proběhl přesněpodle mého očekávání, byla jsem se vším spokojena.
- Jitka B.: vstřícná komunikace, která funguje :-)
What brought you to the Czech Republic, and what made you join the EUFRAT team? I live in South Africa. A family member of mine works for EUFRAT and speaks very highly of the school. I love working from home, so online teaching is the perfect way for me to help others learn.
What is, in your opinion, the mission of a language tutor? To meet the client’s needs, while making lesson material and content relevant to the world in which the client lives.
What would your students say about you? They would say that I have the ability to explain a variety of different ideas and concepts in ways that make the topics easier to understand. Also, they would say that I am genuinely interested in their lives.
And how would you describe your students? Curious, honest, ambitious, and unafraid to make mistakes.
Is there a lasting lesson you hope students take from your classes? Learning a wide range of vocabulary and concepts really does allow you to see the world differently, which opens up a world of opportunities to anybody willing to apply their minds.
What is, according to you, the best thing about EUFRAT? There is such a wide range of interesting people working at the school, and the management is very friendly.
Is there a message you would like to send to your future students? The world is changing quickly, and if you can think creatively, you will be able to create opportunities for yourself.
- Favourite book: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams
- Movie: Avatar
- Band / Record: Tool
- Sea or mountains: Sea (for the surf)
- Summer or winter: Winter (but South Africa’s winter!)
- Dog or cat: Cat
přehled kurzů vedených lektorem